HLW/Ark is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Graphics Designer to join their office in New York. The senior environmental graphics designer role combines architecture and visual design expertise with project management skills. The role is highly collaborative and will work with multidisciplinary teams across our offices.
- Serve as an environmental graphics and design lead that collaborates with HLW design studios across multiple offices and a broad range of client and internal initiatives.
- Develop proposals in response to Ark and HLW RFPs with the assistance of our Marketing team.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the design process of environmental graphics, from strategy to installation oversight.
- Prepare presentations and packages including rendered perspectives, plans, elevations, and fabrication direction and present designs to internal teams and clients.
- Produce and export artwork files in vector and raster format that can be used by consultants to print, fabricate, and install interventions.
- Understand local code and building requirements that impact signage and environmental graphics design.
- Handles general project management aspects of environmental graphics projects (such as keeping track of project timelines, deliverables, and scope changes), and liaises with other Ark and HLW project managers as needed.
- BA or BFA in Communication Design, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Architecture or Interior Design; MFA preferred.
- 7+ years of environmental graphic design experience with supporting portfolio; experience within an architectural and/or interior design studio.
- Ability to respond to RFP’s and develop proposals and fees in coordination with Ark’s and/or HLW’s marketing team.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. InDesign and Illustrator expertise is essential.
- Experience in managing the fabrication and installation process for signage and or artwork is essential.
- Experience with 3D software (SketchUp and Revit preferred).
- Expert visual sense and understanding of typography, composition, and color.
- Strong sense of designing for both two- and three-dimensional environments.
- Ability to develop construction document sets, and work with fabricators to develop mock-ups to ensure successful project installation.
- Knowledge of ADA standards and city code requirements specific to signage is a plus.
- General project management experience and experience managing client expectations are essential.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and juggling several projects at once.