At WSP, we have a dedicated team of Environmental Planners delivering best in class services, counsel and expertise to our clients in the Transportation and Infrastructure sectors. As a result of new projects and continued growth, we are in a position to add an experienced Senior Environmental Planner to our collaborative and thriving team. This position can be based in either Oakville or Thornhill, with flexibility to work remotely or in other local offices as well.
Reporting to the National Environmental Planning leader, you will have the opportunity to participate in many multi-disciplinary large and small-scale projects that impact the local community and change the landscape. This position will primarily focus on projects related to infrastructure planning and development. In this role, you will leverage your established public-sector client relationships in Environmental Planning to support the strategic growth of this important team.
As a Senior Environmental Planning professional with WSP, you can expect to take a leading role in some of our most challenging and high profile projects. Your career with us will involve a high component of client engagement and acting as an expert in the field. WSP’s Environmental Planning team can offer opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. At WSP, you have a unique opportunity to design for the future of Canada in a company that is Canadian owned and has a broad impact in our local communities.
- A Canadian success story – a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we’re open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. Come join us.
A Day In The Life
- As a senior environmental planner in a close-knit team, you’ll be primarily responsible for managing the environmental component of Infrastructure Impact Assessment projects that are ongoing in the team;
- As part of your role, you can expect to write and coordinate proposals, compile information through your network and internal as well as external contacts, you’ll also be responsible to develop and implement consultation programs;
- Using the knowledge and skills you’ve honed over time, you’ll actively engage with and resolve any stakeholder concerns and provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members on how to navigate client relationships;
- You’ll collaborate closely with staff across the vast WSP network, including staff in remote offices as well as with project sub-consultants, maintaining productive and positive working relationships;
- You’ll also be preparing IA documentation in this role, along with other duties that may be required from time to time.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, environmental Science or related field as well as a minimum of senior level (10 years) experience as an Environmental Planner within the industry;
- Previous experience in application of MTO and Municipal Class EA process, experience in application of the TPAP process (Reg. 231/08) and familiarity with Canadian Impact Assessment Act and the IEA process;
- Member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and Canadian Institute of Planners (RPP and MCIP);
- Existing client relationships with MTO, Metrolinx and GTA municipalities would be valuable, as well as previous experience in consulting.