Azure has an opening for a Senior Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate has a passion for Print and Digital Media, will excel in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and have a knack for solving problems creatively and effectively.
Azure Publishing is a leading media brand with a focus on contemporary architecture and design. Among its properties are two print magazines – both with active websites and digital editions – and an international awards program.
• Senior role on the production of AZURE, designing pages for the front and back of book
• Art Direction role on production of Designlines, not limited to Cover, Contents, Features, Front of Book and Back of Book
• Conduct in-house photoshoots, including styling and sourcing props
• Art direct and attend photoshoots offsite
• Execute photoshopping needs for in-house publications
• Supervise junior team members of the Art Department
• Art direct and design in-house marketing campaigns and assets
• Create posters, outserts, web/print ads, e-newsletters
• Supervise newsletter deployment process and team
• Other Art Direction as required in collaboration with the Editorial, Sales and Marketing teams
• Contribute to the annual AZ Awards architecture and design competition: working with an external creative partner, contributing to the AZ Awards ceremony assets and overseeing the creation of in-house production process and assets.
• Participate on the Events team, designing cross-partnership collateral and signage, social and web ads as required.
• 5+ years work experience as a graphic designer, including digital design
• Bachelor of Design or completion of graphic design programs
• Expert knowledge of InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator and familiarity with other ACS programs
Experience working in print media, designing layouts, covers etc.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with strong typographic and layout skills
• Ability to produce and implement design under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Coding skills and strong knowledge in HTML/CSS, web and digital platforms
• Experience working with WordPress and similar back-end sites and programs
• Up-to-date with the latest trends in print, web and social media, and related techniques and technologies
• Knowledge of SEO
• Photography skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of Google Analytics
• Web design & development skills
• Skills in video editing and motion graphics (eg. After Effects, Premiere Pro)
This is a full-time role. Position is available immediately. Based in the Lower Junction Triangle of Toronto, our office is an open-concept space in a newly renovated, former industrial building. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, and a comprehensive health benefits package.
AZURE celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applications to [email protected]