Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are looking for curious collaborators who understand how strategy drives creative direction, directs inspiration, and generates the core ideas that inform an effective concept across a wide range of mediums.
The graphic designer leverages strategic insights to conceptualize and execute design for various creative projects/campaigns. He/She will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of designers, technologists, copywriters, and strategists to elevate consumer experiences for multiple clients and brands. The responsibilities of this position include the ability to:
- Brainstorm, envision ideas and formulate concepts to create and develop unique and compelling consumer experiences.
- Partner with the creative team to translate brand strategy, research insights, and rationale into cohesive design, with a focus on the needs of consumers.
- Create thoughtful graphic design elements blending strategic insights and collaborative creative inspiration
- Work expertly across various mediums (digital, retail, VR, social, print, video, etc.) to create dynamic consumer experiences.
- Collaborate with the account team to prioritize client needs and business objectives
- Present and share creative work (both internally and client-facing) with a strong ability to craft narrative around design rationale
- Some travel required. (Short trips are highly likely. Our clients are everywhere.)
The Senior Graphic Designer role requires:
- Deep knowledge of how consumer experience is tied to an overall brand strategy.
- Understanding of how various types of media, including graphic design, digital/social media and video integrate with 3d design and experience design.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, technological innovations, and cultural shifts.
- Knows what it takes to work with top brands, world-class companies, and with demanding clients who expect the absolute best.
- Self-motivated, works well on their own AND thrives in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to participate at all levels.
- Inspires all those around them.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the retail/design or other creative agency
- Well versed in all phases of design and the creative process
- Bachelor Degree in design or related professional creative degree/equivalent work experience
- Understanding of the strategic and creative process
- Computer Skills:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
- 3d computer software know-how is a plus. (SketchUp, Maya, etc.)
We are always expanding our in-house digital capabilities and welcome additional technological and/or software skills.
Please submit your resume and portfolio samples (PDF format and/or link to your website).
This position is based in Portland, OR. Local applicants strongly preferred.