Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Industrial Designer
We are looking for a next level senior designer who is ready for the challenge of their life- a self-aware individual in tune with culturally relevant product experiences and able to transcend any one discipline. This senior designer understands human behaviors, brands, trends, perceptions and overall interactions; someone who can tell stories and creatively synthesize analysis and put themselves in the minds of both the consumer and client to help them achieve their goals.
This Senior Industrial Designer would be expected to lead the physical design, concept ideation, and physical interaction design of products using sketching and handmade models. The role ensures you are a master at CAD modeling and rendering tools to conceptualize, visualize, and realize the physical product design. The ideal candidate will be an industrial designer with design research experience.
- Lead design and visualization of concepts that can be quickly turned into form models for concept evaluation
- Lead client workshops and help compile the workshop summaries
- Participate in and contribute to assessment report, ideation workshop and concept brief
- Collaborate with design researchers to contribute to research plan and in-field research
- Contribute to the ethnographic fieldwork and work with creative and research leads to create research insights and recommendations
- Lead both participatory design and concept evaluation sessions with target consumers.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You are someone who is fueled by a genuine curiosity about the world and are open to challenging assumptions, especially your own. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Demonstrates a STELLAR portfolio of successfully launched products
- Rich experience in working as a senior level industrial designer, with a distinct orientation towards challenges in the realm of design for products revolving around technology
- BS-ID or equivalent with a strong product development focus
- Lead clients through challenging projects
- Significant experience in the modeling and manufacturing processes of diverse products
- Fantastic expertise in hand sketching both on-the-fly and at a desk
- Natural comfort with physical prototyping and low-fidelity modeling
- Zealous immersion in the 3D processes, technology; Alias, Solidworks, Photoshop, etc., and the digital collaboration that creative convergence offers
- Huge desire for individuality and point of view surrounding design
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work within interdisciplinary teams
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.