The Thuma team is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to support their Product Development team. Thuma’s lean, fast-growing, remote team is composed of highly motivated creatives with a rigorous attention to detail. They hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
While they are based in San Francisco, their team is spread out across the country. Thuma’s role of Senior Industrial Designer is based in San Francisco and requires travel to the office 3 days a week.
- Help build brand philosophy and design language.
- Identify new product opportunities with key markets and customers.
- Define product specifications based on briefs from internal teams and external partners.
- Research materials and manufacturing processes.
- Develop, visualize and document designs using sketches, 2D and 3D programs, mockups, photography, etc.
- Detail complete product experiences from purchase to unboxing, assembly and usage.
- Manage junior designers.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Industrial Designer (or similar).
- A combination of agency and in-house design experience is preferable.
- Have shipped real products to customers.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or relevant discipline.
- Advanced 3D modeling and rendering software skills (the team currently works with Rhino, SolidWorks, Fusion 360 and KeyShot).
- Design leadership skills with experience on driving a design vision.
- A healthy obsession for quality, detail and aesthetics.
- Passion for materials and manufacturing process.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills..
- Team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy.
- Ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment.
Why Join Thuma:
- Equity/401k: Participation in employee stock option plan and Thuma’s 401k program where they will match up to 6% of your contributions.
- Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental + vision coverage options with generous employer contributions .
- Extras: 12 weeks of paid parental leave and company sponsored membership at One Medical.
- Dream Setup: MacBook Air, Airpod Pros, Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, Display Screen, White board.
- Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- PTO: Thuma believes in healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
- Hybrid: Flexibility to work between your home and their office with everything you need to be successful in both.
- Employee Discount: They provide an employee discount of 40% off all Thuma products.
- Cell Phone Stipend: $100 per month to recognize that you will use your cell phone for work related things.
- Commute Reimbursement: Up to $150 per month for your commute to their office.
- Room Upgrade: A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color.