CORE Architects is seeking a Senior Interior Designer whose role will focus on directing, designing, and coordinating interior design projects. Reporting directly to the partners and associates, you will be responsible for guiding the interior design team through all phases of the design process, while providing mentorship to junior staff, and managing client requests and relationships in our rapidly expanding interior design studio.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and must have a strong knowledge of all aspects of interior design. This is a full-time position with a focus on interior design projects within the residential, retail, hospitality and commercial sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the design process, FF&E, specifications, colour selection and materials
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (minimum 2010), Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office applications as well as a working knowledge of 3D Studio Max
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Exceptional graphics and presentation skills to communicate ideas including effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems with creative solutions
- Strong client management and leadership abilities
- Responsible for the conception, design, and execution of projects in all phases of the interior design process (proposal, bidding and tender, construction, closeout)
- Provide innovative and functional design solutions and develop processes for improved design and quality
- Generate Concept Design, Schematic Design, and Design Development packages, proposals, bidding and tender packages, construction documents, and working budgets
- Ensure projects are on track to meet project requirements, deadlines, and budgets and participate in post-construction quality reviews
- Develop material and finish specifications
- Prepare sourcebook and coordinate FF&E, interior architecture plans, finishes, and products with the client
- Review design development packages, construction documents, and drawing packages for accuracy, design integrity, and brand compliance
- Supervise, direct, and mentor the design team to ensure adherence to office standards, policies, and design practices
- Build lasting relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and staff
If you’re interested please send your resume and portfolio (not to exceed 10MB) to [email protected] Links to electronic portfolios are also acceptable.
We offer an attractive salary package with benefits commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
No phone enquiries, please.