We are seeking a passionate, award-winning Senior Interior Designer to join our Toronto team. The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for the highest level of interior design outcomes, leading projects with accuracy and creativity while monitoring project performance. This unique career opportunity would integrate business development and project leadership.
What you will accomplish with us
- Lead meetings with clients to determine needs, scope, timeline, budget and overall project considerations
- Develop high-quality, innovative, forward-thinking design concepts that meet clients’ vision and expectations and take into consideration business objectives, corporate culture, green building rating systems, etc.
- Perform workplace strategy studies, and maintain market-leading knowledge of commercial workplace trends
- Oversee site supervision and contract administration, construction drawings and specifications, change orders, deficiency reports
- Develop and build national client relationships, increase client awareness of long-term value;
- Identify opportunities and target markets by promoting company’s innovation and creative solutions;
- Lead interior design team through ongoing, one-on-one team mentorship and support;
- Participate in internal project management and weekly team meetings to define deliverables, goals and schedules;
- Use Lemay accounting software to plan, review, supervise and track employee project contributions;
- Represent Lemay’s team culture.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture
- Registered with IDA or IDC
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience as a project manager and/or lead designer ▪ Strong background in large-scale, complex commercial projects ▪ Proficient in Revit, InDesign, Microsoft Office
- Experience working on interior design projects from start to finish: pre-design, design development, construction documentation, contract administration
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously ▪ Positive, proactive and constructive attitude; teamwork-oriented
- Effective communication, ability to summarize;
- Flexibility regarding unforeseeable events and tight deadlines
- English and French bilingualism is considered an asset, both oral and written
What we offer
- High-visibility projects
- Competitive salary
- Flexible group insurance plan (health and dental insurance)
- Creative trans-disciplinary work environment
- Professional Development opportunities available
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contactedd for an interview.