Directed by the Design Director and/or Design Principal, work is performed under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives; has decision making authority on major issues, differing to a Design Director.
As a Senior Interior Designer, candidate would be responsible for creating interior environments that enhance organizational performance and achieve the client’s business objectives utilizing best practices, and creative design solutions. Additionally, candidate would develop innovative interior architectural design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe, and conducive to intended purpose and function, reflect client goals and are within project budget and schedule.
- Authors and/or assigns specific team members the design and development of ideas, techniques and standards
- Directs the implementation of projects through all phases of design: programming, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development and construction documentation / administration, when warranted
- Leads programming effort, developing programming documents and associated deliverables
- Leads large-scale projects or multiple significant projects simultaneously
- Shape, develop and champion client relationships, existing and new
- Work closely with Design Principals and SME’s across the globe to advocate an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy; promote integrated design approach across firm
- Champion design excellence through quality of deliverables
- Interacts with all levels of management internally and with external personnel and client. Leads and participates in the pursuit of new client relationships and projects
- Leads or participates in the pursuit of new client relationships and projects, selling the company’s ability to produce and manage interior design projects
- Minimum 10 years of applicable professional experience including proven track record of leading the design process of corporate / commercial interiors
- Bachelors or higher level degree from an accredited school of Interior Design or Architecture required
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D visualization tools required
- Outstanding graphic presentations skills with proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite applications
- Strong planning capabilities with the ability to mentor team members while offering guidance and leadership
- Demonstrated experience in FF&E selection, specification and documentation required
- Knowledge of pertinent building and accessibility codes
- Self-starters with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interior Design certification and LEED accreditation preferred
- Insight to local real estate market preferred
*Candidates should upload a sample of their portfolio when applying for consideration
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.