Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
DesignAgency is seeking an experienced candidate for an immediate opening for the position of Senior Interior Designer in our LA studio. DesignAgency relies on the Senior Designer to carry out projects and elements of projects. He/She will be responsible for designing, directing, and coordinating hospitality, commercial / retail, and multi-unit residential with minimal direction and oversight. This person will also mentor and direct staff, and effectively manage client requests and relationships. A knowledge and interest in all aspects and categories of interior design is required, as well as a desire for professional growth and development.
Senior Designers report to the Partners or others as assigned.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate-high complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout.
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful, and functional design.
- Strive for efficiency and to reduce errors, and omissions.
- Generate concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding & tender phases, programs, and working budgets.
- Work with teams to develop interior materials & finish specifications.
- Coordinate all FF&E and interior architectural plans and finishes and products with the client and project consultants as necessary.
- Lead the LA studio in all facets including collaborative design, mentoring and career planning of staff, and act as the main point of contact on projects.
- Lead a team of 4-6 designers working on multiple projects (4-6 projects concurrently).
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, and client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Assist in the development of project goals, targets and schedules.
- Direct and review design development, construction documents and shop drawings for content, accuracy, and overall design integrity.
- Serve as primary contact for all sub-consultants, supporting the project designer and principals.
- Use Ajera to deliver assignments on-time and -budget.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
- Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate in quality reviews of projects.
- Mentor project designers, intermediate designers, and interns in design practice, office standards, and policies.
- College-level degree (interior design or related field)
- Experience with a wide selection of advanced and various sized interior design and/or architectural projects
- Knowledge of design resources and evidence of creative sourcing and creative problem solving
- Ability to supervise and direct project teams with minimal oversight
- Ability to mentor and direct staff
- High level of CAD proficiency
- Skilled in In Design, Sketch Up, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching
- Strong client management skills and experience
- Must be positive, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Knowledge of Ajera is beneficial
- Hospitality design experience preferred
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.