CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Interior Designer in the Healthcare Interiors Studio of our Chicago office. Take a look at the description below. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement. This successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems.
What You Will Do
- Provide leadership to the client and project team in establishment of the project goals and vision.
- Lead the design development of the project’s goals through all phases of the project (the Pursuit, Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Design, Construction Administration).
- Lead the development of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of the interior design work.
- Evaluate client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements.
- Responsible for leading the interior design approach within the project team.
- Responsible for the conceptual and design development of interior spaces for the project.
- Coordinate project design work and code compliance.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, including architecture, engineering and consultants.
- Conduct a review of drawings and support functions in conformance with project time, budget and quality constraints.
- Assist and/or lead in project planning through development and follow through of work plans/budgeting.
- Develop the schedule of work for the interior design components of the project.
- Assist in or lead client meetings.
- Maintain positive client and team relations.
- Implement, follow, maintain, and enforce interior design standards used throughout interior design team in all project aspects/ phases.
- Mentor junior interior design staff.
- Actively participate and promote design leadership.
- Consult with product vendors.
- Lead and/or participate in marketing activities, including proposal development and interviews.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience working on mid to large-scale projects required. Experience with healthcare, education, and/or commercial projects required.
- NCIDQ certification and/or architectural registration strongly preferred.
- Strong design and technical skills as well as the knowledge of building and life safety codes required.
- Exceptional presentation, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must.
- The ability to build and maintain client relationships is essential.
- Experience leading a high performing team is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required.