IBI’s Edmonton office is seeking a Senior Interior Designer looking to grow their career, someone who is a quick learner and a team player who will be an integral part of our project production process.
Most of the Things You’ll Work On
- Develops and coordinates exceptional detailed design concepts and leadership, with the ability to develop functional requirements and inspirational approach to meet project-design criteria.
- With input from the project Lead, oversee the interior design process and deliverable, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a team of designers to deliver all phases of the project.
- Ability to coordinate with contractors as well as: mechanical, electrical, structural, lighting, audio-visual, and client.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the architectural design process, and how to effectively integrate interior elements and concepts with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively review preliminary space plans and designs concepts to ensure code, accessibility and functional requirements are met.
- Strong understanding of contract administration.
- Ability to review shop drawings and submittals.
- Ability to produce innovative design concepts that meet the client and project needs, while also respecting the project budget.
- Displays strong project management skills.
- Able to make decisions and develop solutions to technical and design problems.
- Conceptualize and describe design ideas through 3D visualization and hand-sketching.
- Strong knowledge of finish materials, furniture, FF&E, and applicable reference standards.
- Lead in the preparation of design and construction documents to generate detailed design solutions.
- Interface with clients, contractors, and consultants; lead project meetings & client presentations.
- Demonstrate understanding of building codes and accessibility codes/standards.
- Able to delegate, as well as mentor/train intermediate and junior designers.
You’ll Need to Have
- Diploma in interior design technology, or a professional degree in Interior Design, or equivalent
- NCIDQ certification or plans to pursue certification.
- Minimum 8+ years of interiors focused project experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Knowledge of Master Specification Format.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and MS Office.
- Revit experience would be considered a definite asset and preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to collaborate with team members.
Please submit a resume and portfolio highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB.