IBI Group provides a world of career opportunities. Our teams work with major international clients across the globe, shaping the future of sustainable urban environments, one project at a time. Collaboration is at the core of our business. We believe in surrounding our teams with complementary talent; everyone pools their diverse skill sets and knowledge to uncover big picture solutions. We ignore the conventional hierarchy of traditional workplaces, valuing individuals over job titles to form a creative, progressive, results-oriented approach to day to day tasks.
- Develops and coordinates exceptional detailed design concepts and leadership, with the ability to develop functional requirements and inspirational approach to meet project-design criteria.
- With input from the project Lead, oversee the interior design process and deliverable, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a team of designers to deliver all phases of the project.
- Ability to coordinate with contractors as well as: mechanical, electrical, structural, lighting, audio-visual, and client.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the architectural design process, and how to effectively integrate interior elements and concepts with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively review preliminary space plans and designs concepts to ensure code, accessibility and functional requirements are met.
- Strong understanding of contract administration.
- Ability to review shop drawings and submittals.
- Ability to produce innovative design concepts that meet the client and project needs, while also respecting the project budget.
- Displays strong project management skills.
- Able to make decisions and develop solutions to technical and design problems.
- Conceptualize and describe design ideas through 3D visualization and hand-sketching.
- Strong knowledge of finish materials, furniture, FF&E, and applicable reference standards.
- Lead in the preparation of design and construction documents to generate detailed design solutions.
- Interface with clients, contractors, and consultants; lead project meetings & client presentations.
- Demonstrate understanding of building codes and accessibility codes/standards.
- Able to delegate, as well as mentor/train intermediate and junior designers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design or Architecture, or equivalent
- Minimum 8+ years of residential/hospitality interiors focused project experience.
- ARIDO intern member or registered member.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Knowledge of Master Specification Format.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and MS Office.
- Revit experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to collaborate with team members.
- Residential design experience is essential.