Are you a passionate, award-winning senior interior designer? Have you been responsible for the highest level of interior design outcomes, leading projects with accuracy and creativity while monitoring project performance? If you are looking for a unique career opportunity that would integrate business development and project leadership, this might be the right fit for you.
What you will accomplish with us:
- Lead meetings with clients to determine needs, scope, timeline, budget and overall project considerations;
- Develop high-quality, innovative, forward-thinking design concepts that meet clients’ vision and expectations and take into consideration business objectives, corporate culture, green building rating systems, etc.
- Perform workplace strategy studies and maintain market-leading knowledge of commercial workplace trends;
- Generate and develop concept and schematic design; produce construction drawings and specifications; oversee bidding and tender phases and administer contracts; manage programs, working budgets, change orders and deficiency reports;
- Develop and build national client relationships, increasing client awareness of long-term value;
- Identify opportunities and target markets by promoting company’s innovation and creative solutions;
- Lead interior design team through ongoing, one-on-one team mentorship and support;
- Participate in internal project management and weekly team meetings to define deliverables, goals and schedules;
- Use Lemay accounting software to plan, review, supervise and track employee project contributions;
- Represent Lemay team culture and strive for maximum impact through innovative, thoughtful, and functional design.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture;
- Registration with IDA or IDC;
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience as a project manager and/or lead designer;
- Strong background in large-scale, complex commercial projects;
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office;
- Experience working on interior design projects from start to finish: pre-design, design development, construction documentation, contract administration;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to translate senior partners’ and design leaders’ design vision throughout projects;
- Positive, proactive, constructive and teamwork-oriented attitude;
- Effective communication and ability to summarize;
- Flexibility regarding unforeseeable events and tight deadlines;
- English and French bilingualism, both oral and written, is considered an asset.