Studio Munge is currently seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our office in Toronto. This multi-faceted position relies on your creativity and leadership to drive international projects of a large scale from design concept and narrative phases to construction, ensuring all aspects of the project meet and exceed our innovation and quality standards. As a Senior Designer/Project Leader, you will be relied on to clearly communicate, mentor and be proactive in collaborating with your team and client-base alike; including the strong ability to interpret directives from our Principal and Senior Director’s vision into a comprehensive design. In addition to managing your own deliverables, you will also mentor intermediate and junior designers encouraging their overall skill and development.
We’re seeking an inspiring and passionate individual with accomplished talent to lead multiple luxury hospitality and residential projects. If this sounds like a great way to express your multiple talents, join Alessandro and our dynamic team in designing a better world, one space at a time.
- Create, develop, and execute innovative design concepts from start to finish, that are impactful and aligned with the intended purpose and project design strategy
- Improving SM design procedures and liaising with team and management.
- Lead, manage and carry out multiple complex projects of varying stages of completion from concept to construction within schedule.
- Allocating resources and assisting in hiring when new resources are required. Forecasting required resources.
- Facilitate training and onboarding of new members of staff and the ongoing development of junior/ intermediate designers through supportive mentorship.
- Establish trusting relationships with clients through successful management of expectations and requests, consistent communication, and captivating deliverables and presentations.
- Consulting with clients about project programming and feasibility. Assisting with drafting ASPs and communicating to clients, getting sign off.
- Understand contracts and ensure SM is following scope for deliverables and billing. Ensuring billing is completed on time every month.
- Understanding project schedule and team schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years experience with multi-unit residential projects.
- Accustomed to working in a fast‐paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with internal colleagues, and external clients, consultants, and suppliers
- Excellent design, time and priority management through a high skill-set in scheduling and resource management. Practising proactive measures where possible.
- Resourceful, curious, inspired and creative
- Able to clearly express concepts in three dimensions through 3D modelling or freehand sketching
- Well-versed with current global laws and regulations pertinent to the standard practices of interior design
- Strong comprehension of FF&E; capable of working with in-house FF&E specialists
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, Illustrator)
- Autodesk Architecture
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Revit (an asset)