Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Scott Torrance Landscape Architect, established in 2004, is a division of FORREC Ltd. We’re an award-winning practice dedicated to the public, private and corporate sector in Toronto, including designs for public parks, campuses, transit infrastructure, libraries and green roofs.
Time to flex your design muscle?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
We’re currently looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architect who is passionate about innovation, sustainability, ecology and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession.
- Prepare conceptual designs and master plans
- Prepare planting designs
- Lead the preparation of design development and construction documents
- Quickly develop and communicate multiple design ideas
- Attend client and site meetings
- Manage multiple projects, budgets and effectively meet deadlines
- Mentor and manage landscape architects and designers
Education and Skills:
- Passionate about design excellence
- Strong knowledge of native and ornamental plant species and design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience working in a professional landscape architectural office
- Full membership in OALA (or equivalent)
- Familiar with City of Toronto and GTHA municipal application processes an asset
- Familiarity with LEED
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Ability to produce presentation drawings, construction drawings, specifications and tender documents for different types of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in AutoCAD is required
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Working knowledge of BIM and Revit is an asset
- Experience in Microstation is an asset
- Experience in SketchUp is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of construction documents and contract administration
- Driver’s license
The Extras at FORREC
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village(so impressive, the Globe and Mail wrote an article!)
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building
- Varied social events led by our social committee
- Flexible hours, great benefits
- Company matching group retirement savings plan
- Public transit at the door
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Deadline: September 1, 2017
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.