As part of the UK business the successful candidate will sit alongside other Environment colleagues located in our Noida office and work closely with LUD team colleagues based in the UK and abroad.
The core activities that the successful candidate can expect to be involved with include; managing technical landscape design and environmental mitigation inputs to diverse infrastructure, development public realm and parks projects and; preparation of landscape planning figures and drawings.
- Work as part of the LUD team to manage small projects, teams or tasks within larger projects
- Prepare technical information for infrastructure and development projects, strategic and feasibility/concept studies
- Preliminary and detailed design including general arrangement drawings, hard & soft construction detailing, schedules & specification to support planning applications tender and construction packages
- Take part in regularly scheduled meetings providing accurate updates on progress of work
- Consistently apply business standards and techniques to assure quality
- Communicate any risks or impediments to effective delivery in a timely manner
- Line manage & mentor junior team member(s)
- Support business development and bidding where required
Key Competencies, Mandatory Skills / Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in Landscape Architecture or recognised equivalent
- Postgraduate diploma / Masters qualification in Landscape Architecture or recognised equivalent
- Fluent spoken English with excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of project management and project delivery
- Experience of working collaboratively within a remote working environment
- Commercial awareness and excellent time management skills
- Experience and technical capability gained within professional consultancy or local government
- Proficiency in the use and application of BIM (Level 2 minimum) and 2D & 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max/Rhino, Revit, Autodesk & KeyScape for production of technical information
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe design suite (inc. InDesign, Illustrator) for production of graphics and reports
- Creative thinker with good design skills
- Good interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients
- Self-motivated and adaptable, maintaining a confident demeanour when change occurs
- Positive attitude with good team working skills and awareness of the well-being of self and others
- Considers appropriate H&S risks and the well-being of staff when making decisions.
- Experience of applying current design standards, guidance and good working practices to the design of external spaces
- Previous experience of line management & mentoring
- Licentiate or Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute or other affiliated Landscape body.