FORREC is currently seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to join their Toronto office. The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Landscape Architecture Studio and works closely with the Landscape Architecture team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned landscape architecture projects, including design development, preparation of technical drawings and meeting client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Senior Landscape Architect/Designer oversees and/or assists the work of Intermediate and Junior Landscape Architects/Designers on specific projects.
- Effectively manages the design development of assigned projects from preliminary concept through to detailed design.
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior Landscape Architects on various projects.
- Creates technical/CAD drawings and assists more junior staff as needed.
- Reviews the technical work of more junior Landscape Architecture staff.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings or oversees the work of others.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
- Corrects and updates documents.
- Develops solutions to technical problems.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior Landscape Architects.
- May present training/professional development “Lunch & Learn” opportunities in-house for Landscape Architecture staff and others.
- Ensures that all project work is delivered on time and on budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Liaises directly with clients on assigned projects to meet their design needs.
- Works closely with Projects Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Landscape architect, certified member of the AAPQ (mandatory)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of related professional experience in Landscape Architecture.
- English and French required
- Strong design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills
- Proficient in French and English
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Landscape Architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Computer file management
- Working knowledge in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, REVIT and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to [email protected].