HOK is currently seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to join their Ottawa office.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews concepts and drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to Firmwide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates reliable understanding of the relationship between design and constructability, and of the opportunities and restrictions of working in heritage landscapes.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Understands and implements standards and best practices for Inclusive and Accessible design.
- Continually contributes to the upgrade of the design process, working collaboratively with lead designers, across multiple disciplines. Works proactively to coordinate between disciplines when appropriate.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution techniques with clients and project team members.
- Assures HOK and relevant client document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assist in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and presentations.
- Demonstrates excellence in communication and proficiency in planning, preparing, delivering and managing follow-up for technical and design presentations, both internally and to client and stakeholder groups.
- Displays proven understanding of business planning process.
- Displays proven understanding of Canadian federal land development and approvals procedures and principles.
- Participates in intra company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures HOK standards for project management are met.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Bilingualism in French is an asset.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture plus 12 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- Master’s degree in landscape architecture or urban design may also be required.
- Registration with current license required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment