Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Senior Landscape Architect/ Urban Designer is to work with the firm’s interdisciplinary team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and architects on behalf of both public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering thoughtful, beautiful, forward-thinking solutions that reimagine and reset the relationships between buildings, landscape and infrastructure.
The Senior Landscape Architect/ Urban Designer will lead innovative and profitable projects that will contribute to the evolution of SvN’s Planning + Design practice. The successful candidate will be a strong leader with a positive attitude, rigorous and comprehensive but always creative; be comfortable managing multi-disciplinary teams; demonstrate a strong understanding of urban issues; thrive on challenging work; and highly value good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Deliver design excellence, clear design thinking, and strong landscape-urban design concepts, on-time and on-budget;
- Successfully procure (or assist in procuring) landscape architecture, urban design, or firm-wide projects, through proposal writing, speaking engagements and public relations;
- Contribute to the ongoing professional development of Intermediate/Junior team members through informal mentorship, expanding their capacity and range as designers;
- Develop exceptional visual and written presentations/materials for the client/stakeholder/public, based on rigorous analysis and highly graphic;
- Conduct research and seek understanding of client needs for landscape requirements and urban design solution opportunities;
- Communicate with consultants, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are being carried out and to forward integrated problem solving;
- Strong technical expertise and understanding of standards and best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters or professional degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Design;
- Minimum 8 years of experience;
- Professional Registration with OAA, OALA or equivalent;
- Proven project management experience of multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Demonstrated success representing public and private sector clients before municipal councils and approval authorities;
- Proficiency in graphic tools including Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit. Experience with GIS and MicroStation an additional asset.
- Solid technical understanding of/ experience with landscape and public realm design, including:
- Green standards and sustainable design practices;
- Streetscape design and coordination between landscape and utilities;
- Integration with land use and the built environment;
- Transit integration and design;
- Parks and open space design concepts and detailed design;
- Landscape Drawings for Submission