Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Senior Planner, under the direction of the Manager of Planning, will primarily be
responsible for the interpretation of Provincial, Regional and Municipal Policy Plans,
guidelines, zoning by-laws, and other planning documents where those by-laws, policies
and documents apply to municipal planning policy and implementation and recommend
changes to municipal documents and by-laws where required in a timely and efficient
manner. The Senior Planner provides expert testimony at the Local Planning Appeal
Tribunal when required. The Senior Planner may from time-to-time be required to assist
the Manager of Planning in their role and provide guidance, mentorship and oversight to
other planners in the department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University Degree in Urban or Regional Planning or directly related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive planning experience working within a
- Memberships in and full designation of MCIP/RPP required
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in
a diverse environment
- Familiarity with techniques for interacting with in person and over the telephone.
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information
with tact and discretion
- Ability to effectively speak publicly to facilitate meetings and make presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm 35 hours per week. The annual
salary range for this position is $80,135 to $97,370.
Resumes and supporting documentation will be accepted until 4:00pm on Wednesday,
August 22, 2018 to email@example.com. The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal
opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available
on request. The Corporation of the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is an equal opportunity