Responsible for planning and carrying out a full range of Department activities, manages a program and or projects; simultaneously undertaking multiple projects with multiple deadlines; maintaining expertise in a variety of planning functions; possessing an understanding of the full range of planning processes including technical analysis of projects and issues; and in making professional, formal presentations and reports, both written and verbal.
- Under the direction of a Planning Supervisor provides planning expertise in a particular program area by, completing studies, and composing technical reports.
- Utilizes and interprets development ordinances, conducts field work or field investigations, and provides technical analysis of the issues; assists the public with program area information. Manages complex development applications, zoning issues, or long range planning problems.
- Provides first line contact with members of appointed boards and commissions, work on projects that have multi-departmental components, make presentations to boards and commissions, work on projects that have multi-departmental components, make presentations to citizen groups and governing bodies.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a planning related field.
- Three or more years of related experience in planning, comprehensive land use, and community engagement and working with diverse stakeholders.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with ordinance writing desired
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
- Master’s degree
Closing date: September 20th, 2018