Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Barton Willmore is the UK’s leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 19 Partners and employing approximately 360 employees in 13 regional offices across the UK.
Our busy and successful Manchester office is made up of 11 people specialising in Town Planning and Urban Design; 1 Partner, 3 Directors, 2 Associates, 3 Seniors, 1 Staff and 1 Branch Secretary. The office is located in Tower 12 and benefits from an open plan, friendly and sociable atmosphere. The Manchester office have an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercially minded and dynamic Senior Planner to join their fast paced and successful team to work on abroad range of planning projects.
The successful candidate will work on a broad range of planning projects, using their local knowledge and national influence to plan and deliver projects of all types and scales. The team currently service a mix of medium and large development schemes, on a range of projects in the residential, commercial and employment sectors. The team provides invaluable assistance to their clients, and in return enjoy outstanding professional development and career opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Promoting large to medium scale residential, commercial and mixed-use developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and by coordinating professional teams to submit applications
- Developing client relationships
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications of all sizes/types
- Preparation of planning and socio-economic statements
- Preparation of Local Plan representations and cases for development
- Lodging appeals and potentially appearing at Informal Hearings
- Policy representations
It is essential that candidates:
- Are MRTPI qualified
- Have strong planning experience, ideally with some knowledge of Planning in Manchester
- Have experience in consultancy or a similar commercial environment
- Have strong project management skills
- Have an ability to undertake quantitative and sequential assessments
- Are committed and have an eye for detail
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have an ability to use their own initiative
- Have a strong team capability
- Have an interest in business development and networking opportunities
- Hold a full UK driving license
Closing date: October 8th, 2018