Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
WSP is currently seeking two Senior Planners to join our Atlantic Canada Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, in our Dartmouth, Moncton or Fredericton offices. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for supplementing our planning team on planning policy, active transportation, master planning and land development projects. You can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, and dynamic business environment. Identifying and pursuing business opportunities and meeting the needs of clients will be a major responsibility.
- Preparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
- Preparing municipal planning documents such as municipal plans, zoning by-laws, and secondary plans;
- Research and presentation of planning analysis;
- Obtaining planning and development approvals;
- Organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings and public consultation processes;
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines;
- Leading and coordinating proposals with internal and external clients;
- Business development, Project Management and client services tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Planning;
- 5 plus years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Full membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound.
- Demonstrated skills in project management, including management of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team mate committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset
- A valid driver’s license.
Closing date: October 19th, 2018