Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design team, located at our GTA [Toronto, Thornhill or Oakville ] offices. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for contributing to our industry-leading municipal planning practice as a senior member of our team. The candidate can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
We are looking for Planners with a variety of skill sets to address varying responsibilities such as:
- Planning policy & zoning interpretation for municipal & development clients.
- Preparing of municipal planning documents such as Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Secondary Plans and Community Improvement plans.
- Research and presentation of planning analyses;
- Facilitation or support during public consultation events
- Other duties as assigned.
- A University degree in Planning or equivalent
- 7 + years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Full membership and/or eligibility in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Demonstrated experience preparing municipal planning documents including Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Growth Management and Land Needs Studies, and Secondary Plans.
- Demonstrated public consultation experience;
- Experience with MCEA and familiarity with IAP2 would be an asset;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- Demonstrated skills in project management ;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills; and
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Closing date: March 1st, 2019