WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Planner / Project Manager to join our Planning practice in Ottawa. This position will be responsible for managing a wide variety of planning projects for both public and private sector clients in Eastern and Northern Ontario. Our group in Ottawa is part of the national Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design practice in Canada, with offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec, and Nova Scotia, making us one of the largest such practices in the country.
- A Canadian success story – we’re proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday – we’re open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
A Day In The Life
- You will be preparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
- You will prepare municipal planning documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, secondary plans, community improvement plans;
- You will join the manager and other members of the team on research and presentation of planning analysis
- You will provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
- You will obtain planning and development approvals
- Take the lead on public engagement processes
- Managing projects of various sizes
- You will act as a brand ambassador for the WSP brand and demonstrate WSP guiding principles;
- You will be part of the business development practise
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A degree in Planning or related studies;
- You will have full membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- A minimum of 10 years of planning experience
- Familiarity with the planning policy framework in Ontario and has familiarity with Ottawa and Eastern Ontario;
- Demonstrated skills in project management, including management of multi-disciplinary teams;
- A high attention to detail;
- Excellent technical, analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Bilingual capabilities will be considered an asset.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License.