Practice Area Leaders must have deep knowledge and expertise in project delivery and thought leadership in their area of expertise to partner with our clients and project teams in delivering best in class strategy and design service. Gensler’s Southeast Region is seeking a leader to strengthen our architectural expertise and client relationship base in our Health+Wellness Practice Area. This leader can reside in any of our Southeast Region offices (DC [preferred], Philadelphia, Baltimore, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Tampa, or Miami).
What You Will Do
- Foster strategic development of projects in the Health+Wellness market sector.
- Manage clients, including project organization and successful start-up.
- Work in collaboration with other Gensler leaders in this Practice Area to leverage the capabilities of the Firm and help build the Health + Wellness architecture practice.
- Partner with regional leadership to develop a standard of practice that addresses the unique requirements of the healthcare market sector.
- Develop client and practice strategies, market positioning and leadership within a design practice focused on healthcare projects.
- Focus on talent development and acquisition.
- 20+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a Project Manager or Architect on a range of health & wellness project types.
- At least 15+ years’ architectural experience, inclusive of 5 or more years’ experience in an architecture and design firm in marketing, client development, and/or management of a studio, practice group, or regional office.
- Experience developing relationships with new and existing clients that would enhance the firm’s competitive advantage and positioning.
- Proven track record of success in working in a senior management role with a minimum of three large clients, including participation in development of client relationships that led to new and continuing business.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships that lead to successful results, within the firm and externally – with clients, consultants, and other key participants in the design and development process.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be articulate and convincing in interviews and other presentations.
- Versatile, self-motivated.
- A commitment to the principles of sustainable design and experience integrating them on specific projects.
- AIA, NCARB, NCIDQ or CID preferred
- ACHA, EDAC, LEED AP preferred