Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is looking for or a Senior Program Manager with ICT familiarity and managerial background.
The Government of Canada announced that Evergreen, working in partnership with OpenNorth, their Future Cities Canada collaborative platform and numerous non-profit institutions, foundations and stakeholders across Canada, will receive funding over 18 months to deliver activities from the new Smart Cities Community Support Program (SCCSP). The funding supports advisory and capacity-building services for communities nation-wide as they explore and implement smart cities approaches. Evergreen’s SCCSP funding currently runs from October 2018 until March 2020.
Evergreen is seeking a Senior Program Manager with a record of success in innovative program design, development and management to join our high-performing Programming team. They will play a central role in the efficient management and growth of programs within Evergreen’s Future Cities Canada portfolio, including the Smart Cities Community Support Program. With experience managing program workplans and budgets, the Senior Program Manager has the confidence to collaborate effectively with senior leaders, program delivery partners, and external stakeholders alike and the capacity to drive integration with other departments and offices within the organization, as appropriate.
- Manage multiple project objectives associated with an array of smart cities related projects and programs, ensuring alignment with Evergreen’s mission and strategic direction
- Lead development and implementation of Future Cities Canada and smart cities programs and events, including program design and project management
- Manage program budgets, workplans and key relationships: coordinate activities around identified milestones, and ensure activities are undertaken ‘on time and on budget’, with proper evaluation and wrap up
- Collaborate with Evergreen’s Marketing and Communications team to support the planning and execution of programs and associated communication deliverables.
- Work closely with Evergreen’s Development team to support fundraising from philanthropy and corporate partners, including supporting content development and reporting
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate and learn.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Create plans that are informed by research, data, and experience. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Executive Director, Smart Cities
- Supervises: Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- Specialization or familiarity of information communication technology policy/program areas (ex. infrastructure, smart cities, etc.) would be considered an asset
- Expertise in intergovernmental relations and in-depth understanding of the political dynamics at all levels within the Canadian system of government
- 5+ years’ experience in program management preferably in the non-profit or public sector
- Experience in event design and management
- Strong group facilitation and meeting-management skills
- Subject-area knowledge in urban sustainability, city building, community engagement, and/or related fields
- Familiarity with design thinking models and approaches (an asset)
- Strong understanding of inclusion, equity and social justice issues and trends, especially in an urban context (an asset)
- French language proficiency an asset.
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work
Terms of contract: Full Time, 15-month contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Please Reference “Senior Program Manager, FCC” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Closing date: December 7th, 2018