Working directly with project teams in the New York office, your focus will be to create project designs and plans for all phases of projects and to coordinate building design consultants while monitoring drawings. You will work with the Project Director and other management to lead and guide intermediate and junior staff. National travel on a regular basis is likely to be required.
We have full-time positions based in New York City, to start in August or September 2018, and anticipate additional positions during the course of the year.
Areas of Responsibility
Developing solutions and creating project designs and plans to client.
– Initiating and creating project design and plans of all phases of one or more projects.
– Has responsibility for preparing presentation and design drawings.
– Coordinating all trades and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings.
– Communication, coordination, and leadership with internal team members
The ideal candidate will be proactive, engaging, diligent, team-spirited, and comfortable interacting with clients, consultants, and internal project members. You bring professionalism and attention to detail to a position that requires leadership and self-reliance in prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines. You independently take initiative and make prompt, clear decisions even though it may involve tough choices. You initiate and generate activity with commitment and engagement.
– You have ten or more years of experience in all phases of architecture, including substantial and varied experience in project planning.
– You have experience with medium- to large-scale projects, ie. (bet. 100,000 SF to 1,000,000 SF projects.
– You have experience with built projects in higher education, office and mixed-use, and/or cultural projects.
– You have strong organizational skills and have experience putting together a drawing set for various stages of project development.
– You are fluent in REVIT as well as Rhino and proficient with other drawing programs and the Adobe Suite.
– Licensure is preferred but not required.
– Experience in New York, Massachusetts, and California a plus.
– Bachelor’s Degree in architecture from an accredited program.
– A passion and commitment to practice sustainability is required. A LEED Green Associate / AP and/or Well Accreditation is therefore preferred.
– English fluency is required.
– Must be eligible to work in the US permanently without sponsorship.
Henning Larsen offers a salary commensurate with experience, and benefits, including 401k, health care insurance, paid time off including holidays, and more.
How to apply
Please e-mail your cover letter, CV, and examples of your work as PDF (no more than 10 MB), using “NYC Senior Architect” as e-mail subject. In your cover letter, please note the available start date. Applicants should email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. We will contact you should initial Skype and/or in-person interviews be requested.
Henning Larsen is a global architecture and urban design practice working across all continents to deliver context-driven solutions for our clients. Founded in Denmark in 1959, today we are 300+ people with offices in Copenhagen, Oslo, Riyadh, Munich, Faroe Islands, Hong Kong, and New York City. The firm is rooted in a Scandinavian design ethos, with a human-centric approach to the built environment and public realm. We pride ourselves on our thought leadership in sustainability and integrated design, our attention to detail, and our collaborative way of working. Our portfolio is distinguished by award-winning cultural landmarks, learning environments, and flagship offices around the world.
Our New York office opened in September 2017, and is located in a newly renovated space in Tribeca. The office pursues work in the United States and Canada, with a focus on higher education, commercial and mixed-use development, and cultural projects. We currently have +4 million square feet in design or under construction throughout North America, and often work in conjunction with our colleagues in Copenhagen.
We aim to promote a creative, non-hierarchical workplace, which fosters supportive environments and the freedom to assert and test new ideas and visions. This work culture, coupled with our commitment to new learning opportunities, stimulates our employees’ individual and collective creativity and skills in design and service.