Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of urban design projects including preparation of Campus Master Plans, Downtown Plans, Corridor Plans, Mobility Hubs, Community Plans, Urban Design Guidelines, Master Plans, Peer Reviews, etc.
- Preparation of urban design visions and documents, including Urban Design Rationale Reports, Official Plan & Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plans of Subdivisions and Minor Variances
- Presenting materials at public workshops, client meetings, internal workshops, and Council meetings
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of architects, landscape architects and planners on planning and urban design projects
- Coordination of sub-consultants
- Preparation of proposals in response to RFQs and RFPs
- Manage project budgets and team allocations
- Mentor junior staff
- Support other project work within the studios as needed.
Qualifications and skills required:
- A Master’s degree in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture and a minimum of 5-10 years of urban design experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Professional Membership in or eligibility to become a member in the design professions
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic team player able to work in an open studio format
- Experience in the project management of urban design projects
- Experience in municipal planning approvals
- Skill in urban design software applications including AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
- Willingness to travel within North America.