Dartford Borough Council is seeking a senior urban designer (active travel and green infrastructure) to join its team in Kent, UK. This is an opportunity for a talented individual to join the new place making team at a senior level to shape and implement our active travel and green infrastructure strategy.
Preferred skills and experience:
- RQF level eight (postgraduate) qualification in landscape architecture, architecture and/or urban design
- experience of landscape architecture/urban design in an urban area
- experience of active travel strategy and implementation
- experience of landscape schemes and green infrastructure projects
- experience of urban design projects involving varied stakeholders.
- knowledge and understanding of the key legislation relevant to the role, development and planning process
- understanding of the local planning authority role with regard to active travel and green infrastructure
- 2D/3D CAD to a professional standard. (Revit not required)
- excellent graphic ability, including knowledge of Adobe CC
- GIS knowledge desirable