Hassell is seeking a Senior Urban Designer to join its team in Sydney, Australia. With nine design studios spread around the world, chances are you’ve seen our work before. We work across architecture, landscape architecture, interior design and urban design – a rich multi-disciplinary mix of skills and perspectives that unlocks the economic, social and cultural value of projects.
About the team:
Our design values are shared globally across all the Hassell studios, by the talented people who work in them: architects, interior designers, landscape architects, urban designers, planners and specialist consultants.
About the role:
As a senior urban designer in our Sydney studio, you’ll be working with our principals, partners and clients to provide innovative and creative urban design concepts and solutions to both public and private sector clients around the world.
You’ll be required to display a commitment to forging a career in a multi disciplinary work environment. The role requires proven skills in the area of urban design, with an appreciation of the principles of architecture and/or landscape, strong conceptual design thinking, visual communication skills, the ability to operate effectively in a design competition environment and principles of sustainable urban development.
This role will provide the opportunity to be involved and contribute to international projects as well as engage and lead team members across our global studios with a particular focus in the Asia region.
We’re looking for a Senior Urban Designer with the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- qualification in urban design, urban and regional planning, architecture or landscape design with a minimum of five years professional experience
- demonstrated experience in urban design projects including mixed-use urban projects, community planning, campus planning or transit-related projects and international design competitions
- strong conceptual design ability and commitment to sustainable design principles
- demonstrated high level communication skills including report writing and ability to undertake presentations
- experience in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- bilingual (English and Mandarin) preferred
Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- creative studio working environment
- inter-studio transfer opportunities
- development and training including access to an online training program
- wellbeing benefits
- flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- professional memberships
- study assistance