Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
- Responsible for leading all phases of the design process with a high level of proficiency and expertise while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design, execution, and living design.
- Manage project teams, fosters collaboration, and demonstrates strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance, design ideas, and successful project delivery.
- Define, monitor, and maintain control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan both to direct the project team and the client team.
- Lead efforts in developing, validating, and negotiating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and begins to develop successful client experiences.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for the project and providing timely and appropriate information to Project Accountant to initiate invoicing.
- Coordinate with other local governments and recommends approval or denials of proposals.
- Meet with public officials and the public regarding development plans and land use.
- Educate civic leaders and the public about the details of the projects scheduled for their communities.
- Interpret gathered data and research.
- Analyze sites, programs, and other key project elements through quantitative and qualitative means.
- Develop analytical and design drawings throughout the design process using analog (through sketching and physical modelling) and digital means (through digital analyses, sketching, and modelling).
- Collaborate with client and/or public to create strategic planning options.
Strategize, outline, mockup, and develop design documentation including creating and interpreting maps and diagrams, master plan reports, design guidelines, and client-ready presentation materials.
- Coordinate all aspects of project deliverables.
- Review, evaluate, and integrate zoning and policy requirements into project design.
- Develop strategies for key urban frameworks and systems including but not limited to circulation, open space, buildings, and infrastructure.
- Perform advanced development calculations according to specified standards and proposed development controls.
- Lead project-related client and public discussions and presentations.
- Monitors the performance of the project team and approach to ensure quality standards and design goals are being met.
- Mentor staff.
- Exercise creative judgment in all aspects of the design process.
- Participate actively within collaborative team settings such as: casual team interactions, design charettes, reviews, and pin-ups.
- Keep open communication within the team.
- Communicate ideas and thoughts in a way that inspires others.
- Effectively coordinates with other design partners and consultants.
To join them, you should have:
- A professional degree in Architecture and a Masters in Urban Design or Planning.
10-15+ years of experience.
- Experience working with clients and consultants.
- Knowledge of GIS, CAD, 3D computer modelling and graphic design (e.g., Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign and Photoshop), including Revit LEED GA or AP accreditation within 6 months of hire.
- AIA, or AICP Certification.
- Bachelor or better in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect.
- Certified Planner Certification.