Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Middle East and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues.
What We Offer
A dynamic and challenging opportunity to work on globally iconic projects. A great working environment that supports personal professional development, provides experience to work on projects that build regions and offers attractive tax-free remuneration and benefits.
We are seeking for a highly disciplined and experienced Senior Urban Planner
to work on our architecture & design projects in the UAE.
- Lead strategic and urban development projects (medium to large-scale) ensuring key deadlines are met, delivery is on or under budget and on schedule, and the various disciplines making up the project team work together effectively to deliver a successful project in line with Client requirements and the Arcadis Proposal for the work.
- You will play a key role in projects, as a technical lead (i.e. for strategic or urban planning), project manager or project coordinator, working within a project team to coordinate multi-disciplinary inputs.
- You will develop strategic and/or urban planning options and/or solutions in response to technical challenges posed by a project scope.
- Develop innovative solutions within projects that integrate with the work of other disciplines on the project and address social, legal, and/or economic implications of the project.
- Lead interactions with clients, particularly in terms of presentation and report development for projects, in which as mentioned above, you may be the technical lead, project manager or project coordinator
- Plays a key role in client management and client satisfaction.
- Provide project or task management to develop strategic and/or urban planning concepts and translate them into clear and compelling graphic images.
- Understand the needs of people who will be using the space you plan for; through research and analysis you will consider, environmental, social, economic and spatial factors.
- Prepare all elements of proposals to a high standard of quality and completeness, to respond to requests for proposals received from clients and/or potential clients.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a degree in Urban Planning, Town Planning or Geography from a recognised Tertiary Institution.
- Strong portfolio of urban planning work which demonstrates excellent technical capabilities. Work should include strategic projects, urban development projects, development regulations and/or design guidelines and demonstration of projects progressing through design and construction to operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent design, and graphic skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once, with well-developed organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to identify innovate solutions to problems and obtain resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a range of scales (i.e. from regional/city scale to plot level)
- Ability to build rapport with work colleagues.
- Be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in Microsoft and Adobe Creative Suite and GIS applications.