We’re currently looking for an Intermediate/Senior Urban Planner to work for our Toronto studio.
Our urban design/planning team members are city building problem solvers. They delight in analyzing, visualizing and designing urban environments – places where cultures and communities thrive and flourish. With a passion for creating models of livability and resiliency, our planners imagine how urban infrastructure can reshape our cities in ways that contribute to wellbeing across cultural, economic, environmental, political and social domains
How you’ll make a difference:
- Help spearhead the thinking and engagement on a number of plans, urban designs, policies, and strategies for both public and private clients.
- Participate in all aspects of our planning and urban design practice, from early analysis and visioning, to the creation of conceptual and policy directions, and recommendations to implement and realize a diversity of great, complex, urban environments.
- Undertake a broad range of projects: from site specific planning to area wide policy reviews and master plans.
- Work through a collaborative process with a cross-disciplinary team of people, engaging a broad constituency of clients, stakeholders, and the public.
- Day to day tasks are project driven and may include, but may not be limited to:
- Conducting and contributing to detailed research
- Preparing for, and facilitating, public and stakeholder consultation
- Policy review and development
- Compiling team work into pertinent planning reports
- Client relations
- Project Management
- Project coordination
- Budget tracking
Who you are:
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in urban planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Some graphic communication skills
- OPPI membership (full or provisional) is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of planning theory and practice