Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and Presto.
The Station Services & Standards Office is a Signage Design Coordinators to provide design, coordination, and administrative services for all corporate signage requirements, and to coordinate the design and installation of all assigned signage projects in a safe, timely, consistent and cost effective manner.
- Reviewing capital project design proposals and contract documents, and shop drawings.
- Collaborates across divisional teams and various external agencies to share product and procedure information that will ensure compliance with corporate signage standards.
- Preparing requested day to day signage design drawing layouts, design plans, location drawings, and operational requirements as identified by various Metrolinx divisions.
- Preparing in-house signage design plan and location drawings, specifications and related budget costs pertaining to capital signage rehabilitation program.
- Coordinating and administering signage, graphics and related installations associated with capital signage rehabilitation 10-year program and operational work requests from the various Metrolinx divisions.
- Recommending signage design, standards, manufacturing and installation methods based on industry best practice.
- Researching sign making equipment and design software.
Location: 30 Wellington Street West, Toronto
File Number: STA00BN
- Knowledge of Graphics Arts principles and practices normally attained through completion of a three-year (minimum) community college program in Graphic Arts with exposure to computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, drafting and blueprint interpretation or equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing a thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of sign design and/or production.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in sign design and production (e.g. sign shop or similar environment).
- Proficiency in the use of CAD / CAM (i.e. Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD) software and related corporate computer applications is essential.
- Working knowledge of fundamentals and techniques of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering for the production of signage and related installation products and methods.
- Knowledge of environmental graphic design and visual communication theory, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication fundamentals, techniques and equipment, as well as, materials used in the production of signage and graphics products.
- Working knowledge of time and project management including scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, corporate policies and procedures.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently are required.
- Awareness of new developments in the areas of CAD, standards, codes and construction procedures is required.
- Must have detailed working knowledge of WHMIS and Health & Safety regulations.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” drivers license and must meet corporate standard for a good driving record. Must be able to obtain GO Transit Operator’s Permit.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online: (http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/current_opportunities.aspx) no later than November 17th, 2018.