Woods Bagot is seeking a mid-level Developer to join the team in Sydney. You will be working as part of the global SUPERSPACE team with members in London, Sydney and San Francisco and play a key role in the development of the research-led, data analysis software and related technical infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have some experience working with:
- Full-stack software development with a focus on backend-end development (Python, Java, Node.js)
- Database administration (MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Some form of spatial modelling, mapping or location-based technologies
- Statistical analysis & Machine Learning exposure (ideally some working knowledge of existing commercial ML related products and services)
Any exposure to the following is of interest:
- AWS and/or other cloud computing services
- Front-end development libraries (React)
- API development (GraphQL)
- Data visualisation skills – especially any experience using D3.js, Three.js or mapping libraries
- Agile development and automation using Docker and Kubernetes
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in Architecture and Urban Design and feel comfortable with the steep learning curve and experimentation required to engage and develop emerging technologies.
What is SUPERSPACE:
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centred environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.