Community is looking for a Spatial Designer to join our creative family!
The primary duties of the Spatial Designer are to manage, design, and produce for pop-up retail experiences, experiential marketing environments, and interior design projects. You will assist and work in collaboration with Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, and Creative Directors to produce engaging and impeccably executed creative.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design creative and beautiful solutions at multiple scales, from interior design schemes to signage and millwork details
- Translating a client’s ask and objectives into emotive concepts for user experience
- Be a key creative leader and contributor to a design team, shaping project development in line with studio principles and methods
- Manage projects and deadlines with an ability to prioritize and communicate clearly at all stages of project work
- Collaborate with our creative, strategy and experiential marketing team to develop and visually communicate spatial environments and interior design concepts.
- Facilitate internal meetings and creative sessions
- Specify finishes and procure FF&E (Furniture, fixtures and equipment) within specified budget and timelines
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Design (Interior Design, Architecture, Environmental Design, Industrial Design, or a related field)
- 4-8 years of experience: hospitality (restaurant/bar), retail and/or high end residential interior design, with experience in signage design and wayfinding systems
- Design representations skills: hand sketching, Rhino and/or Sketchup, moodboards, some way to quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas
- Design production skills: Proficiency in 3D modelling and rendering (Rhino and/or Sketchup), AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong organizational and production capabilities with the ability to juggle and keep an eye on both short and long term objectives
- A demonstrated personality as a team player with the ability to work under leadership, as well as to lead smaller projects and initiatives
- Have the capacity to think strategically, contribute ideas, problem solve, and a willingness to push concepts
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while responding quickly and maintaining attention to detail
- Proven ability to structure and articulate an idea, and to craft narratives (written, verbally, and visually)
If this sounds like you, get in touch with us. We’d love to meet you!
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pulp&Fiber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Pulp&Fiber Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.