Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Staff Architect reports to the Project Manager and Project Architect of each group. They will be required to follow schedules and complete design or construction documents in collaboration with their project team.
- Read and understand the contract/proposal scope of services and understand what is expected
- Experience in High-end Residential and/or Hospitality projects
- Ability to produce drawings for all design phases, concept through construction documents with thorough technical detailing and notation
- Assist Project Architect and Project Manager in setting and meeting quality standards for design and technical documents.
- Take initiative for on-time performance of the work, assist in monitoring the schedule
- Function as OAD client advocate—this means looking professional, acting professional and having a serious intellectual demeanor that represents our work. Ability to produce materials for client presentations (Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Assist in monitoring the design process, planning solutions, construction documents and construction administration by comparing the progress of the work to the schedule and budgeted hours for each task.
- Write meeting minutes for review by senior staff
- Be proactive in checking team members’ work and offer solutions to rectify any problems
- Assist in preparing work estimates and scopes for addenda to original contracts for senior staff review
- Assist in implementation of the Project Management plan to insure adherence to schedule and budget.
- Maintain CAD efficiency and CAD document files
- Ability to prepare digital renderings in a timely manner
- Assist in coordination of all the deliverables required in the contract
- Ensure accuracy in all communications
- Ensure all deadlines are met as specified by project manager; and if necessary give adequate notice if issues are unresolved
- Must have a general understanding of codes and handicap issues.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management staff
- Minimum education: Degree in Architecture
- License: Studying for exams
- Software proficiency: ArchiCad, Maya, Rhino, Lumion, Adobe Suite, Keynote, Word, Excel
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Building Type: As appropriate to studio assignment
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, aural and written)
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and on their own