Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About The Opportunity
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As a Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Professional based in Dublin/Cork you will too. Jacobs has a large portfolio of long term contracts working on some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile infrastructure projects and we want to grow our Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team to meet this ever increasing portfolio of projects. Our team is delivering projects from concept stage through to construction and we are looking for enthusiastic, adaptable staff to join this highly successfully team.
The successful person will join a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects both locally and internationally. The Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team sits within our Water and Environment business and you will work as part of a diverse and highly skilled team of specialists and engineers, providing support and advice to a wide range of clients. The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of comprehensive and innovative communications, public consultation and stakeholder engagement across a range of national infrastructure projects. There will be opportunities to experience different roles aimed at developing your career.
The role will include
- Supporting the Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team by proactively engaging with community groups, businesses and other stakeholders, face-to-face and on the phone, on a day to day basis;
- Supports the development of high quality editorial copy, press releases, reports, publications and engagement supporting materials;
- Assisting in producing communications strategies and plans;
- Supporting the public consultation process, representing projects at information days and assisting with submissions analysis and report writing;
- Event management (some evening/weekend working may be required);
- Liaison across various organisations/functions;
- Organising, attending and recording meetings with a range of stakeholders;
- Monitoring and responding to stakeholder queries through various channels; and
- Populating Stakeholder Engagement Management (SEM) Systems.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- A degree or equivalent qualification in communications, public relations or similar discipline;
- Degrees in technical disciplines that align with the business such as Engineering, Planning, or Environmental Science, will also be considered;
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with good attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Motivation to own the work to ensure on-time completion;
- The ability to work well as part of a team;
- A willingness to embrace and grasp complex subjects quickly;
- Fully comfortable dealing with people, enjoy public interaction and be a good listener;
- Available for travel associated with work; and
- A commitment to continuous professional development (CPD)
Ideally, Here’s What You’ll Also Have
- Relevant work experience (minimum 2 years) in a communications or engagement role;
- Interest in in the planning process and delivering communications programmes for large-scale infrastructure projects;
- Strong organisational and Office 365 Suite skills; and
- Full driving licence
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.