Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
REFERENCE #: 025193
LOCATION: Vancouver , British Columbia , Canada
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Store Development
- Prepares documentation for architectural planning such as:
- Floor plans, displays, counters, change facilities and racking
- Finish plans indicating all materials
- Reflected ceiling plan
- Elevations and store front details,
- Millwork details including cash desk, display fixtures, storage, water features & storefronts
- Present completed storefront design concepts and store layouts to supervisor/design committee.
- Plan check design drawings to ensure design intent is followed by assigned architects, consultants and vendors.
- Maintaining brand image and consistency where appropriate.
- Coordinate with architects and review permit and construction sets, layout and feasibility, site surveys, etc.
- Researches new innovative materials in sustainability and “green” building.
- Manage architects on drawing completion dates, fit tests, permitting and handing over project to construction after CD’s are complete for purchasing/bid process to start.
- Accountable for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of all construction documents.
- Minimum 5 years design work experience in commercial design
- Project Management experience an asset
- Experience in retail design an asset
- Ability to work with cross-functional departments
- Knowledge of construction methods and approximate costs
- Knowledge of landlord approval process (tenant criteria, etc.)
- Strong ability to drive work to ensure deadlines are met
- Practiced in conceptual design and architectural working drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD, 3D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up, MS Office, Excel
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and dependable
- Must be versatile and be able to handle multiple projects
- Open to learn
- Excellent team player and capability to work independently
- Solution oriented
- Excellent ability to create, understand and translate three dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings. Excellent understanding of proportion and ability to translate ideas, form and function into a cohesive design concept with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills for various management types and levels.
- Good knowledge of current building codes, ADA requirements.
- Ability to create complex design solutions with minimum supervision
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must be a strong team player who can develop within the company.
- Some travel will be required
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
*Don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio