The Store Designer is responsible for the interior design and store environment of new, expanded or renovated retail stores. The Store Designer must accurately convey the interior store concepts, through presentations of conceptual and final designs, internally and externally. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
- Develop interior décor concepts through all stages of approval; concept, with sketches and renderings, product research, including pricing and outsourcing, and final design, with detailed plans using AutoCAD, Sketch-UP and Adobe Suite.
- Create store fixture plans for new stores and capital projects alongside Store Planners.
- Create detailed construction drawing packages, interior and exterior elevations, and design details, for Merchandising, Marketing, and Operations approval.
- Utilize Interior Design best practices and product and industry knowledge when completing concept drawings.
- Working within the Farm Boy Design and Construction Teams, the Store Designer is responsible for the interior design/decor and store environment of new, expanded or renovated retail stores.
- Work closely and coordinate with cross functional Farm Boy teams and consultants to establish and determine project design requirements for the interior store environment and visual signage and graphics.
- May require occasional site visits and interaction with Architects, General Contractors, etc.
- Prepare cost estimates for all materials and interior design elements.
- Know, understand, and learn building codes and specific municipal guidelines.
- Review and process shop drawings and material specifications.
- Assist with the procurement process for materials, fixtures, millwork, etc.
- Communicate effectively with cross functional teams during each project and provide excellent customer service
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
Statement Of Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires completion of technical school training with an emphasis on Interior Design, (ARIDO) plus 3 to 5 years of intermediate experience in commercial retail design or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have training and experience in the latest Google Sketch, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite system technology.
- Experience with reading and interpreting architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management and priority-setting skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Ability to travel with reliable transportation.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.