Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Allied Works is a 40-person architecture and design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City. Guided by principles of craft and innovation, Allied Works creates designs that inspire, resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
Allied Works is widely recognized for our civic and cultural projects, among them the Museum of Arts and Design in New York, the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver, the National Music Centre in Calgary and the National Veterans Memorial Museum in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve also designed a range of residences, offices, commercial projects and creative workspaces, including the Wieden+Kennedy World Headquarters in Portland; Sokol Blosser Winery in Dayton, Oregon; and Pixar Animation Studios in California. Recent works include Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin starred restaurant in New York; “Uniqlo City”, the international headquarters of Fast Retailing in Tokyo; and the US Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique. Our creative output is not limited to buildings, however; we regularly design and produce a wide range of artifacts, including exhibitions and site installations, custom furniture and decorative arts pieces, as well as diverse publications and printed matter.
We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time Studio Assistant in our New York office.
Specific Responsibilities for Studio Assistant:
- Reception duties including answering phones, greeting visitors, accepting and distributing packages, etc.
- Frequent communication with the AWA Portland Office staff regarding meeting coordination, staff-support needs, shipping needs, etc.
- Oversight of general office areas including stocking of all supplies, facilities management, printer/plotter supplies and servicing, etc.
- Manage all vendor services
- Coordinate general office meetings, internal office events and special events
- Maintain the office internal and external contact list / database and assist with the management of project archives, and other data entry projects
- Oversee all shipping and tracking needs for the office
- Assist Principals and architectural staff with various administrative tasks and errands as needed
Qualification requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with staff of all levels
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, professional, and able to self direct
- Ability to anticipate administrative tasks and needs beyond what is defined
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Adobe Creative Suite & Keynote a plus)
- Experience in a architecture, design or communications related field is desired, but not required
- Bachelors degree
- Position available immediately following interview and selection process
- Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa and must be authorized to work in the US
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required
- Competitive salary, 401K plan, medical, dental and PTO benefits provided
- Allied Works is an equal opportunity employer
Please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and references to email@example.com and include “Studio Assistant New York” in the email subject line.