Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Seeking creative individual for a Studio Manager position.
Inigo Elizalde Rugs is a boutique rug and textile design studio based in New York City. The studio is a custom design house that specializes in Nepalese hand knotted rugs, as well as hand tufted rugs, flat weaves and dhurries. Always exploring new materials and techniques, we are passionate about experimentation and believe in making rugs that are beautiful, original and distinctive; rugs that will stand the test of time and be loved forever. We believe in the meticulous attention to detail and take pride in everything we create. All of our rugs are completely handmade, using the best materials available, by highly skilled and respected craftsmen who’s knowledge of the craft has been passed down for generations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a design studio setting, and must be willing to assist on custom rug installations around the city that may require some heavy lifting. The position also calls for the day-to-day management of the studio such as: shipping, invoicing, keeping track of samples and orders, coordinating with overseas vendors, and direct communication with the company’s Creative Director. We offer an easygoing and productive studio environment. A successful applicant will have a “can do” attitude, be a hard worker, have good organizational skills, be intellectually curious and work well in a spirit of collaboration with others.
This is a part time position (4 days a week/ Mon-Thurs) compensated hourly.
Specific required skills and requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a design related field.
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
– Proficiency in Sketchup, AutoCAD desirable
– Microsoft Office (word, excel)
– WordPress (updating website periodically)
– Organizational Skills (filing, sorting, project management)
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
– Must have excellent communication skills and be able to write and communicate effectively
– Minimum 1-3 years in an office setting with managerial experience
– Ability to operate both analytically and creatively with an eye for detail
– Some heavy lifting
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.