As a Gensler Architectural Designer in the Hospitality Studio, you will collaborate with our design team to develop innovative design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. You will be successful because you already know how to translate an architect’s sketches and documents into realized 2D/3D models and images, and can research artistic and/or technical issues when they arise. Your work ethic and dedication to problem solving, combined with our commitment to collaboration and mentoring, makes Gensler the perfect place to further your career.
What You Will Do
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or equivalent
- 5+ years of related project experience
- Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3ds MAX, and/or Rhino utilizing V-Ray
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes
- State licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric design software, including Grasshopper, a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.