SERA Architects is seeking to hire a new and experienced Urban Design Project Manager to join its team located in Oakland, California. You will collaborate with our globally recognized corporate clients, award-winning consulting partners, and development partners to direct urban design and planning projects on the cutting edge of innovation. Your work will be fast-paced and creative, requiring strong organizational, interpersonal and client management skills to infuse scope, schedule, and budget structure into a rapidly evolving interdisciplinary design and planning process.
Education + Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or Landscape Architecture program.
- Have at least 8+ years of experience managing urban design projects.
- Proficiency with all aspects of project management including generating scopes, budgets and proposals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, and/or Smartsheet and Adobe Creative Suite are required.
What you’ll bring:
- ArcGIS, Revit, and AutoCAD experience are preferred.
- Adaptability and versatility are a must, as is the ability to mentor less experienced staff.
- Strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to facilitate group charrettes and present concepts at consultant, client and community meetings.
- Ability to lead teams and provide creative direction to planning efforts at a variety of different scales, from streetscapes to community planning efforts.
- Proactive communication style, both with colleagues as well as clients and partners.