Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) is looking for an experienced Urban Designer to join its team in Barcelona, Spain.
- A professional degree in urban design and/or planning (architecture and landscape degrees will also be considered).
- Experience within large scale urban/master planning projects and design (+5 years of experience).
- Experience working on public realm projects, including both the horizontal (street, landscape and public space design), and vertical (architecture, massing and façade articulation) and being able to bridge multiple disciplines at the same time.
- Experience in developing technical planning documents including urban design guidelines and detailed site plans, sections, axonometrics and diagrams.
- Experience in coordinating multiples consultants at once including mobility, civil, infrastructural, financial, and zoning.
- Experience in communicating clearly and confidently the urban design and planning vision and goals to diverse clients, public officials and the general public, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work with multiple teams to provide guidance on design, technical development and approvals processes.
- Work closely with the directors and partners on advancing agenda on the future of cities, including urban design and planning trends, sustainability, resiliency, mobility, ecology, infrastructure, etc.
- Work with business development team on urban planning and design RFQs and proposals.
- Excellent communication skills, with English language speaking, writing and presentation skills regeneration being a must.
- Strong BIM, V-Ray, Rhino, Adobe Suite knowledge.
BIG is looking to fill this position ASAP. Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis.
To apply for the Urban Designer role at BIG Barcelona, please follow the ‘Apply Here’ button bellow.