NBBJ Shanghai is looking for a talented Urban Designer with 10+ years of experience to contribute to our integrated design studio. Located in our Shanghai studio, the candidate will be a member of the firm’s Urban Environments world-wide practice team where he/she will collaborate with projects teams in Asia and the United States. Working closely with multi-disciplinary design teams, studio design leaders and regional practice leaders this position is responsible for developing design work for urban design, planning and landscape projects and proposals. The successful candidate will have excellent conceptual design abilities with highly effective communication skills. In addition, the candidate must have a collaborative mindset and be self-motivated to consistently engage with NBBJ’s robust firm-wide urban design resources.
A successful candidate will take initiative, is driven, has an entrepreneurial mindset, and has the ability to focus on evolving & changing conditions in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for a team player with an innovative spirit to learn, refine and advance our studio design discourse through physical and digital products.
- Actively work with and manage clients, both private and government, to envision urban environment futures.
- Openly collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams located in mainland China, Hong Kong and the United States.
- Develop urban design strategies that support corporate, commercial, and healthcare projects throughout the greater China region
- Participate and/or lead urban design projects in collaboration with urban design, architecture and landscape design professionals.
- Contribute to the development of high-performance urban design, planning and public realm concepts
- Produce rapid visualization analyses and concepts that can be transformed into built works
- Conduct research and stay current with best planning and urban design practices in the Asia region and around the world.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in Urban Design & Planning.
- Dual degrees in Urban Design, Architecture and/or Landscape design are highly desired
- LEED Accredited professionals and/or WELL are desired.
- Digital design tools and hand sketching capabilities required
- Strong bilingual verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin are required
- Client development and client management experience
- Experience and comfortable with multidisciplinary and multi-cultured design teams