Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
IBI Group is searching for an individual to join our Toronto office’s Urban Planning team in providing professional planning services to municipal and private sector clients. The position will include taking a lead role on policy development, development approvals, and offering professional planning advice, as well as working with the planning team in the completion of a wide variety of projects. The individual will operate with a high level of autonomy and report to the office planning lead, as well as work with other planning and engineering staff within and outside the office.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation and coordination of: Planning reports and various planning applications (OPA, ZBA, Site Plan, etc.) in support of development proposals for private sector clients, including providing support to other project teams and managing applications from proposal stage to final approval (including Ontario Municipal Board testimony).
Reviewing planning applications and providing professional advice, including planning reports, for municipal clients.
- Public Consultation, including creation of and delivery of presentations for public meetings, open houses, and workshops in support of a variety of planning projects for both municipal and private sector clients.
- Participate and/or led a team in the preparation of municipal planning documents (official plans, secondary plans, zoning by-laws, etc.).
- Undertake creation of and provide guidance in the preparation of proposals for both public and private sector clients, including providing support to other project teams in inter-office and/or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Establish, maintain and enhance positive client and vendor relationships.
- Ensuring deliverables are met, invoicing completed and overall client satisfaction with minimal oversight.
- Works with senior staff on new client development and project management
Participates in the preparation of proposals and other related business development activities
What You Should Have:
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related discipline
- 4 to 10 years of relevant experience in land use planning, particularly in a municipal setting (either public or private)
- Membership in OPPI (RPP) required
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Adobe, etc.
- Proficiency with GIS, SketchUp, or similar is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Excels in public consultation and public meeting presentations
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker, creative problem solver, able to think outside the box
- Self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to delivering high quality results
- A personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required.