Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting senior staff and gaining exposure on a variety of projects such as transportation infrastructure, urban and regional planning, bicycle and pedestrian planning, and traffic signal and system design
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding trends and best practices in the urban planning industry
- Participating in local Professional Associations
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in Urban Design, Planning Architecture, Landscape Architecture or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or Landscape Architecture
- Relevant intern and/or research experience
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Master’s degree in Urban Design, Planning Architecture, Landscape Architecture or related field
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Membership in at least one professional organization
- Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or Landscape Architecture
- Internship with design/planning consulting firm or public agency
- Experience with another analytical or design tools (e.g., ArcGIS, TransCAD, SketchUp, Illustrator, AutoCAD, Microstation etc…)
- Experience with 3D rendering software
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.